Welcome to the La Crosse Storytelling Festival
STORIES–It’s what we do!
Wisconsin’s first storytelling Festival
Friday, July 21th and
Saturday, July 22th, 2023
The La Crosse Storytelling Festival was first conceived in 2003 by two local attorneys, Keith Belzer and Ted Skemp. Through their efforts and backing, the first 3 Festivals took place at Pettibone Park in La Crosse. It was in these first years that groundwork was lain for all following Festivals: the Festival would be first and foremost a family event, the level of National talent would be of the highest caliber, the Festival would highlight professional local tellers, and the event would serve as a way to educate the general public about storytelling.
In 2006, the Bluff Country Tale Spinners storytelling guild took on the major responsibility for the Festival. And, as Wisconsin’s First Storytelling Festival, it continues to meet the initial objectives. Come and enjoy the magic of storytelling!
Join us for our 20th Fest!
Dates: Friday, July 21 and Saturday, July 22, 2023
Location: The Pump House Regional Art Center in the Art District of downtown La Crosse.
This year’s fest has it all!
Stories, It’s What We Do
LA CROSSE STORYTELLING FESTIVAL MISSION
Our mission is to be the premier storytelling event in the upper Midwest, celebrating the art of storytelling by edifying, educating, and entertaining people of all ages and walks of life.
- More Stories Coming!We had a wonderful fest. Beth Horner and Stuart Stotts were exceptional; they both got standing ovations on Saturday night. Eddie Allen sang his stories on Saturday afternoon; the entire afternoon was outstanding. Our children’s program was a rocking success with stories, music, movement and Puppets! Now on to our 23-24 Events. Tales of the … Continue reading →
- Fun! Fun! Fun!The La Crosse Storytelling Festival was a big success. A great time was had by all. Great food, awesome raffle baskets, music, and stories. Our featured tellers, Beth Horner and Stuart Stotts, received standing ovations at the Cabaret. Eddie Allen awed the afternoon crowd with his story songs. The children had a great time with … Continue reading →
- Tales of the Spooky and ScaryOur night of creepy stories is this Friday, July 21. Doors open at 6:00 and the tales start at 6:30. Our featured tellers, Beth Horner and Stuart Stotts will share a story along with members of the Bluff Country Tale Spinners. Stories are for teens and adults. Please join us for a good scare!
- Getting Close!The La Crosse Storytelling Festival is only weeks away and we are getting excited! We still need volunteers so please go to this link, https://signup.com/go/yJjZfoj or email Megan at email@example.com to sign up. We did have a mistake on the posters that are all around town. Friday night, Tales of the Spooky and Scary, is … Continue reading →
- Want to Volunteer?The La Crosse Storytelling Festival could use a few volunteers and it is SO easy to sign up. Just click on the link provided and fill in the form. We appreciate all the help our volunteers give us! … Continue reading →
- Once Upon a Time…at the Library!The Bluff Country Tale Spinners are scheduled to share stories at eight local libraries!! The storytellers will tell fairy tales and folk tales. After the storytelling program the children will make a puppet that represents a character from one of the stories. The Story Fest is providing all the materials for the puppets. We are … Continue reading →